Software Engineering Intern
San Francisco, California
Who we are
Spoondrift is powered by the dream to build the world’s best ocean data platform. Our team combines expertise in ocean science, technology, and innovation to develop new solutions for ocean exploration and observation. We are a bunch of ocean nerds and keep our offices close to the water (literally).
We’re a scrappy startup that values teamwork, transparency, and innovation. We maintain a work atmosphere that’s light-hearted and jovial, but when we need to get something done, we can switch gears and move fast.
We are deeply passionate about making ocean data widely available to ocean communities and enthusiasts with powerful tools and visualizations.
Who you are
You are a problem-solving, team-player who wants to see their engineering talents have a direct impact on the success of the software team and the greater company.
You’re curious and ask questions about how things work. When things don’t fully make sense, you’re not afraid to press for more details.
You’re looking for an internship that provides the opportunity to work on meaningful projects, and learn a ton from a talented multidisciplinary team of engineers.
You’re excited to help us make a huge positive impact on our world.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow existing design patterns to independently implement small coding projects.
- Observe guidance from, and collaborate with, senior engineers for implementing medium sized coding projects.
- Research, compare, and contrast options for 3rd party integrations.
- Ask questions and learn!
- Experience with Node.js
- Familiarity with Angular or other front-end frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- Familiarity with modeling physical systems, data science, signal processing
- Passion for the world’s oceans
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- A basic knowledge of web technologies and methodologies of how different software systems can work together.
- A flexible work schedule and be on-call during evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation, conscientious and provide complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
How to Apply
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP.